Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Server - Goes down frequently

Hi Guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

Qlikview server  goes down  very frequently. Does anyone knows why this happens?

We are using Qlikview 11 version.  Do we have any specific solution to avoid  this issue?

Looking forward to the responses.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidyarani

6 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

It will be better if you raise a support ticket with Qlik as it is hard to predict why this is happening.

Learning never stops.
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @vidyarani 

All our version of QlikView 11 (including 11.20) are out of support - if you require assistance from Qlik Support, then an upgrade to a supported version is needed.

You can, however, get started with troubleshooting your server by trying to find out what happens when it "goes down". Does a service crash? If the QlikVIew server service crashes, you can begin investigating based on: Troubleshooting QlikView Server resource problems and crashes 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sonja,

Thanks a lot for the response. 

I get No server message over access point. if I restart the Qlikview server service then it works fine. 

This happens very frequently . users have to wait until we restart the Qlikview server service. I am sure it is not recommended to restart the qlikview server service every now and then as  we might end up facing lot of issues in future.

Do we  have any solution to this issue ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidyarani 

marcus_sommer

The cause is probably any overload on your system. Did you are following the hints from the link above to monitor the resource-consumption? In the first step you may not mandatory need all the log-files else keeping an eye on the taskmanager and the usage (user + documents and/or any parallel running tasks) within the qmc may already hint from where the overload does come from.

- Marcus

vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marcus_Sommer.  I will monitor and see . There are only 4 tasks which runs on hourly basis . I assume that shouldn't be a overload on the system.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidyarani

marcus_sommer

If there are no dedicated server(-clusters) for the server/publisher-services they could easily impact each other because they are competitive in regard of the resources.

- Marcus