Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Catalog filtering/organization possibility

petrus
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Catalog filtering/organization possibility

Hi team,

it would be nice to be able to use wildchars within Space search and on top of that to be able to categorize space into areas - simpy said, be able to create structure and categorize the spaces into categories etc. Tags are not supported on space level which might help here. We have hundreds of spaces and current poor filtering possiblity is simply not enough, wasting lots of time trying to navigate in single tenant environment.

Regards

PRU

Tags (3)
4 Comments
AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi - have you tried collections; then users can organise in their own style.

That said, our experience is that the tenant admin has a difficult time seeing their "stuff".  In most of our smaller clients, the tenant admin is a senior non-IT person.  They go to Catalog and naturally see everything.  Our approach is to help them customize Home/Favourites.  

In terms of wildcard.  My experience is that the filter is already flexible.  Example, I go to Space filter and type GSS to reduce to my governed spaces; named Sales Data (GSS), Development Team1 (GSS) etc.

petrus
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @AdamBS 

thank you for your reply. Collections for users are so so good. But I am trying to cover the use case for admins. There is no possibility to group the spaces. Just naming convention of the spaces can help here. Filtering does not support wildcards, so it is pretty limited and only basic filtering possible as you mentioned in your reply.

Regards

Petr

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived