Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Default Settings [Grid spacing]

LukaszJackiewicz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Default Settings [Grid spacing]

Currently we have option to change grid spacing to wide/medium/narrow but default setting is wide and there is no option to change it, so every time I`m creating new dashboard I have to set spacing to Narrow. There should be an option to select default option for all new dashboards (Grid Spacing, change G to B (Giga to Bilion), etc). 

Please consider this idea 🙂

6 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Xzo
Contributor II
Contributor II

There seems a real need from users to further control the size of the grid to make applications work better, control spacing between things and set the view of the end user to a more structured usable interface.

There were several extentions developed by members on github, most now dont work or have flaws due to to QS upgrades. 

I have never understood why QS didnt allow the end user to set grid sizes (Num Rows x Num Columns) to their own needs. If users in the community can develope extentions to do this, why cant the QS Devs incorporate this in to the end product.

I for one would benefit greatly from beingable to customise the grid spacing - it would make the product a lot more user friendly as would @LukaszJackiewicz  idea.

Thoughts @Patric_Nordstrom ?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@Xzo thanks for the feedback, please post the ask in separate idea.

Thanks,

Patric

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I agree 100% - and I am not even sure why you would select anything but Narrow.

These small ideas would add so much value to the developer community, so I am not sure why more of them cannot be picked up - it must surely be so easy to change the order in the sheet property panel ?

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived