Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Sense - Pivottable - Position of Total Value

Helmut
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Pivottable - Position of Total Value

Currently the total column (if enabled) in a pivot table is positioned at the TOP or on the LEFT side of the table.

It would be nice to have an option to change the location to the BOTTOM or RIGHT side of the table.

Also for the design it would be great to adjust the size / appearance of Total column as well.

9 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, 

Posting my support for this, recently coming to Qlik this was one feature that I could not understand why Qlik did not have.

for reference, simply, users request to have this positioning (totals / sub totals at the bottom of a pivot). 

From a dev point of view this is not currently possible without an extension, or a complicated workaround.

Pleeeeeeaaaase implement this feature!

Code
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Nice to have.

GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Code , yes definitely nice to have!, I would say more need to have.

Qlik, this has been an open issue going back to 2016!, WOW!

So many posts and questions around this.

GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi all, 

For Qlik, adding a link to the other similar idea for the option to have Totals at the bottom of a pivot, 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Pivot-Table-Total-Option-Above-amp-Below/idc-p/2004336...

hopefully this gets some traction on this idea

Meghann_MacDonald

This idea has also been suggested here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Pivot-Table-Total-Option-Above-amp-Below/idi-p/1614765

Please add likes and comments to show support.

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate
GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Meghann_MacDonald 

just noticed this has been closed as a duplicate? does this mean the support shown on this idea will be transferred to the other one you linked above?

I don't want this to lose traction because now there is only one idea as open.

Or, Qlik could implement this idea...just saying

Meghann_MacDonald

Yes, in our Qlik Sense App for review, it combines the likes and comments from all the related posts so we can see a sum of all engagement, though in Community the posts & likes don't appear as "merged". We try to close duplicate posts so that users and product managers can see all updates & comments in one place, rather than chasing down or copying comments/status updates!

I know that pivot table and other tables are getting over-hall so I will check in on these requests.

Meghann

GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

awesome! thanks @Meghann_MacDonald 

"I know that pivot table and other tables are getting over-hall so I will check in on these requests."

excited! 

Any info on the over-hall would be welcome!