Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are happy to share with you the new Entitlement Analyzer for Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS! This application will enable you to answer questions like: 

• How can I track the usage of my Tenant over time? How are my entitled users using the Tenant? 
  • How can I better understand the usage of Analyzer Capacity vs. Analyzer & Professional Entitlements? 

Entitlement Analyzer.png

The Entitlement Analyzer is only available for Qlik Cloud subscription types. Refer to the compatibility matrix within the Qlik Cloud Monitoring Apps repository for an overview of which monitoring app is compatible with which subscription type.

The Entitlement Analyzer app provides insights on: 

• Entitlement usage overview across the Tenant 
  • Analyzer Capacity – Detailed usage data and a predication if you have enough 
  • How users are using the system and if they have the right Entitlement assigned to them 
  • Which Apps are used the most by using the NEW "App consumption overview" sheet
  • And much more! 

Analyzer.JPG

The Entitlement Analyzer uses a new API Endpoint to fetch all the required data and will store the history in QVD files to enable even better Analytics over time. 

A few things to note: 

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support. 
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app. 
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app. 

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues, questions, and enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up to date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! 

Kind regards, 

Qlik Platform Architects

Additional Resources:

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

135 Comments
psublue98
Creator
Creator

@ksuto if you don't edit the variable that I highlighted then you'll only get data starting when the entitlement analyzer was first run. I changed teh Month_Start variable to October 2022 and was able to get historical data all the way to October 2022 even though my first run of the analyzer wasn't until May 2023. Hope this helps.

ksuto
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@psublue98 

Thank you for giving me a concrete example.
I understand that regardless of the first run of the analyzer, you can also refer to past data by changing the Month_Start variable.
Sorry for my poor English because I use Google Translate.
Your advice was very helpful! thank you.

psublue98
Creator
Creator

@ksuto  no problem at all! Hoping Qlik moves the variable into the Configuration section so it's more clear for others on what to change.

Bolijay00
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Guys,

i am trying to set up an entitlement analyzer app for my firms capacity license

getting this error when setting of the rest connection:

HTTP protocol error 401 (Unauthorized): Requested resource requires authentication.

Note: i am the Tenant Admin and also the SAO to the account , what could be the problem. this was recently changed to me.

I saw you needed to have tenant Admin rights to be able to create the connection, could that be the problem? Dd anyone experience this?

Bolijay00
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Jamie_Gregory @ksuto  

Hi Guys,

i am trying to set up an entitlement analyzer app for my firms capacity license

getting this error when setting of the rest connection:

HTTP protocol error 401 (Unauthorized): Requested resource requires authentication.

Note: i am the Tenant Admin and also the SAO to the account , what could be the problem. this was recently changed to me.

I saw you needed to have tenant Admin rights to be able to create the connection, could that be the problem? Dd anyone experience this?

achampire
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Bolijay00 

Sound like you don't generate an API key.

Did you go to https://<your-tenant-alias>/settings/api-keys and generate a key ?

It is mandatory to go further.

Bolijay00
Contributor III
Contributor III

@achampire  i did generate an APi key, the erro comes in the last part where i wnat to create connection.qk.png

achampire

@Bolijay00 

Your Authorization should be on Query headers.

Yours is on Query parameters.

kkaung
Contributor
Contributor

@Jamie_Gregory : Thank you for this application.

I am using this entitlement analyzer app to know capacity usage and users over time.
But the problem with this is, it doesn't show assigned analyzer units, capacity user info and always shows capacity minutes 0.0% overage used even though time is over.
Is there anyway to fix this?

Kind regards,
Kay

Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Thomas_Hopp can you help @kkaung?