Skip to main content
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

The loss of one of our most valued Qlik Community members. 

Sue_Macaluso_0-1661439155505.png        Sue_Macaluso_1-1661439171700.png           Sue_Macaluso_2-1661439202631.png

It is with deep sadness that we write this post. Unfortunately, we learned that we lost one of our most valued Qlik Community members, Gysbert Wassenaar. Gysbert passed away this past weekend. He was not just a member of our Community; he was a Qlik Luminary Alumni, which means he was part of an exclusive program that brings together the best and brightest customers and enthusiasts in the Qlik ecosystem. Most currently, he was part of our Qlik Community MVP Program. As a Qlik Community MVP, he was one of 32 members that went above and beyond answering questions, moderating, and dedicating his time to helping other community members. As a matter of fact, he posted almost 21,000 times! That’s how much he wanted to help! We even featured Gysbert last year; that’s how incredible he was. We were so lucky to get to know Gysbert and knew that we could always depend on his expertise and participation. He will be profoundly missed in our Community.

Words from his family:

It is with great sadness that we must announce that Gysbert Wassenaar has passed away. Our dear, smart, and humble colleague and friend was a pillar of strength to us as well as within the international Qlik Community. Feel free to share this message with other acquaintances. Your memories, replies or condolences will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.memori.nl/gysbert-wassenaar/

@Melissa_Potvin @GillianFarquhar 

49 Comments
jeannine_boot
Employee
Employee

Very sad to learn of Gysbert's passing. Such a kind and intelligent man, who we will all miss dearly.

sunny_talwar

Very saddening to see you go. Rest in peace dear friend.

Taoufiq_Zarra

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Gysbert Wassenaar! My sincere condolences

0 Likes
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How sad... He will surely be missed in the community! RIP

0 Likes
barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Shocked and sad to hear this news. My sincere condolences to Gysbert's family, friends and colleagues. We will miss you Gysbert, rest in peace.

0 Likes
nicolett_yuri

OMG

It is very sad to receive this news
May God comfort the hearts of all friends and family

0 Likes
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

He was truly a legend.

It was a shock and still, i can't believe this happened.

It is a big loss for everyone close to him and also to our community.

May his soul rest in peace. 

0 Likes
Digvijay_Singh

Rest in peace my friend, your memories will stay with us forever through your community posts.

0 Likes
vikasmahajan

Big Loss to Qlik World' we learn lot of things from him. RIP 

0 Likes
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Really sorry to read that. 
My condolences to his family and close friends.

May god comfort their hearts

0 Likes