Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

PDF report in V17

hi guys

I need to create a report for PDF display. So I've got it right in Excel, but I'd like to export it to PDF just because it looks neater

How do I do this is V17? I know one can Save As - but that defeats the object for me. Also, there are date fields in my report that if I enable editing in Excel, they display correctly, but if I dont, comes up in QV format (43159 e.g.)

If I do generate the report in Excel, and Save As pdf, there's always a'spillage' onto the next page.

Not impressed by Nprinting in this sense

May you please assist?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
lech_miszkiewic
Honored Contributor III

Re: PDF report in V17

Hi Lorna

NPrinting uses its internal module to produce (Print) PDF from Excel. I believe it is doing it by applying Prinitng rules from Excel (hence your "spillage").

Please modify your printing are in excel template to achieve whats required:

Set or clear a print area on a worksheet - Excel

Also see those topics as community had already similar issues solved:

Re: NPrinting PDF format issue

and this:

Re: Difference between excel and PDF output from the same template

and this:

Re: NPrinting PDF Reports

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

4 Replies
Highlighted
lech_miszkiewic
Honored Contributor III

Hi Lorna

NPrinting uses its internal module to produce (Print) PDF from Excel. I believe it is doing it by applying Prinitng rules from Excel (hence your "spillage").

Please modify your printing are in excel template to achieve whats required:

Set or clear a print area on a worksheet - Excel

Also see those topics as community had already similar issues solved:

Re: NPrinting PDF format issue

and this:

Re: Difference between excel and PDF output from the same template

and this:

Re: NPrinting PDF Reports

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Hi Lech,

Thank you so much. Very helpful

lech_miszkiewic
Honored Contributor III

Great - does my answer actually solve your problem?

regards

Lech

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

I've decided to re-do the report in Pixel Perfect - think it will be much neater.

I have searched the Net for training on Nprinting  - specifically Pixel perfect. Do you have any hints on most helpful resources/documentation? I'm a bit concerned about scripting on PP reports - I'm not too great with that....

Thank you

Community Browser