Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoWedel

community site / error message when saving post

Hi,

anybody else experiencing this error message when saving posts lately?

QlikCommunity_ErrorMessageSavingPosts_Pic1.JPG.jpg

thanks

regards

Marco

31 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi Marco,

Yes i am also experience the same while posting many times it will occurs, may be there is some error is running.

Hope some one can help about this.

Regards,

Anand

dcohen13
Contributor III
Contributor III

YES! very very annoying...had to switch broswers just to add this comment

MarcoWedel
Author

I'm currently using chrome. Which browser did you find to work better?

thanks

regards

Marco

Not applicable

very unfortunately, internet exploder

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Even I face the same.

Sara Leslie Please look into this.

I think this is now policy applied on community. You have to wait for a minute to post your second reply.

I think this is a cause or attempt by our community administrators to stop Spammers.

But at the same time we are losing our interest.

When ever I get time I sit on community may be for 15 minutes. In this time I would like to reply to max post I can.

But this change is stopping me to do so. As it allows to post only 1 post per minute.

Please fix this issue at the earliest.

Regards

ASHFAQ

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Same issue.  Close/open browser. sometimes need to clear cache. eventually something works but very annoying. Chrome also. i actually had the same issue posting this note...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The same with me. Chrome fails after the second post, and no matter what you try (logging out/logging in, changing thread, closing chrome) the error doesn't go away. Just like David, I switched back to IE (11) but oh horror, that one is sloooooooooooooooooowwwww...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The annoying thing with IE is that Ctrl-V (after a Ctrl-C) tends to lock up the in-page editor. Gone is your input that Qlik Community refused for no reason. Chrome had no such annoying behavior.

Should we switch to Safari? Opera?

MarcoWedel
Author

Hi,

does someone have experience with firefox?

regards

Marco