Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • 221,620 members
  • 5,358 online
  • 2,001,881 posts
  • 150,112 Solutions
Announcements
Intermittent issues logging into the Qlik Community. We are working toward a resolution.

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Data model question: report data on lower level than it is recorded

I have a general data model question. Imagine a company with 10.000 products, divided over 300 Brands which are grouped in 10 Brand Groups (9 major, a... Show More

I have a general data model question.

Imagine a company with 10.000 products, divided over 300 Brands which are grouped in 10 Brand Groups (9 major, and "other"). These products are sold to 50.000 Customers grouped in 12 Market Segments.

Now we want to do a time registration for all 50 Employees so we can track which payroll costs go where in terms of Products, Brands, Brand Groups, Customers and Brand Segments.

The time would always be registered on the Employee, the Product dimension (Product, Brand, Brand Group) and the Customer dimension (Customer, Market Segment). Sometimes it would be one product or one customer, like 30 minutes for Product P1000 and Customer C15, but much more often it would be higher up in the hierarchy, for instance 30 minutes for Brand Group BG3 and Market Segment MS5.

The challenge is now to make in Qlik Sense a pivot-table where we can see the costs per Brand Group and Market Segment (the highest levels), and where we can drill down (expand) to Product and Customer, even if a lot of the time registration basic data is not that granular.

We cannot make a table with per product and per customer a record (like for instance divide the time logged on Brand Group level equally over all Products and all Customers), because in real life this would lead to a humongous amount of data. What would be the strategy to achieve such a pivot table, or a report that would allow a similar functionality?

All ideas, advice, pointers, remarks would be very welcome! Thanks!

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Question Regarding Autogenerate & External Data Sources

Hi folks, Asking just for curiosity's sake. What is the reason why Autogenerate() field list must not contain expressions which require data from an e... Show More

Hi folks,

Asking just for curiosity's sake. What is the reason why Autogenerate() field list must not contain expressions which require data from an external data source or a previously loaded table..., unless you refer to a single field value in a previously loaded table with the Peek function.

Thank you

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik NPrinting

Download NPrinting Version 16.7 oder 16.9

Hi all,   I have Nprinting 16.0 and a want upgrade to 16.7 oder 16.9 to export my Project. where can I fand the Installation Files? On a new Server I ... Show More

Hi all,

I have Nprinting 16.0 and a want upgrade to 16.7 oder 16.9 to export my Project.

where can I fand the Installation Files?

On a new Server I installed NPrinting February 2014 SR2 and I have do move my Projects from my old NPrinting.

Show Less
  • forum

Connectivity & Data Prep

OData Connector

Hello, I am trying to do a ODATA flow to connect to SAP Datasphere. Unfortunately I have not been successful. I am able to execute the table CanAuthen... Show More

Hello,

I am trying to do a ODATA flow to connect to SAP Datasphere. Unfortunately I have not been successful. I am able to execute the table CanAuthenticate, but not the ListResources, in which I get the error below. I have managed to do the flow and get data in Power BI, but I want to do it in Qlikview as well just not too sure how. If you could help it would be great.

afbraga1_0-1717606261627.png

There was an error running the table (An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 578.)

Thank you.

Best regards, Andre

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Einrichtung eines automatischen Filters am Arbeitsblatt

Hallo zusammen, ich bin noch relativ neu in Qlik Sense und möchte eine Aktion auf meinem Arbeitsblatt aktivieren. Mein Ziel ist es, einen automatische... Show More

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin noch relativ neu in Qlik Sense und möchte eine Aktion auf meinem Arbeitsblatt aktivieren. Mein Ziel ist es, einen automatischen Filter für das Feld "EntlassungsKalenderwoche" einzurichten. Dieser Filter soll das aktuelle Jahr ("year(today())") und die Kalenderwochen von 1 bis zur vorherigen Kalenderwoche ("week(today())-1") umfassen.

Außerdem frage ich mich, wie ich sicherstellen kann, ob bei "week(today())" die richtige Kalenderwoche aus dem Feld "EntlassungsKalenderwoche" verwendet wird.

Vielen Dank!

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Replicate

Oracle to ADLS Full load is failing with ]E: Failed to convert file from csv to...

Hello, We have a Full load + Store changes task which loads data from Oracle to ADLS(parquet snappy format). But it is failing for one table during Fu... Show More

Hello,

We have a Full load + Store changes task which loads data from Oracle to ADLS(parquet snappy format). But it is failing for one table during Full load with the error:

00018089: 2024-06-05T05:47:20 [TARGET_LOAD ]E: Failed to convert file from csv to parquet [1024902] (file_utils.c:899)
    00018089: 2024-06-05T05:47:20 [TARGET_LOAD ]E: Failed to convert file '/data/replicate/qlik/tasks/task_name/data_files/MY_TABLE_NAME/LOAD0000000E.tmpcsv'. [1024902] (file_imp.c:2538)
    00018088: 2024-06-05T05:47:20 [SOURCE_UNLOAD ]I: Unload finished for table 'FS'.'MY_TABLE_NAME' (Id = 6). 16436666 rows sent. (streamcomponent.c:3784)
    00018033: 2024-06-05T05:47:20 [TASK_MANAGER ]W: Table 'FS'.'MY_TABLE_NAME' (subtask 1 thread 1) is suspended. (replicationtask.c:3147)

Any suggestions to resolve that? 
    Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Qlik Entitlement Analyzer App

Hello, we are currently utilizing the Entitlement App (V 2.2.1) and when we downloaded the qvf file and imported it into Qlik, the first utilized date... Show More

Hello, we are currently utilizing the Entitlement App (V 2.2.1) and when we downloaded the qvf file and imported it into Qlik, the first utilized date for most users became the date that the new app was created. We have user data going back to April of 2022, but it is now saying that most of the users we have joined in February 2024. Is there a way to go back and fix this to pull the original date first utilized? 

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Cumulative sum for two (or more) dimensions

In QlikSense load script, how do i do cumulative sum for several dimensions? Given the following input data (regarding planned changes in capacity) St... Show More

In QlikSense load script, how do i do cumulative sum for several dimensions?

Given the following input data (regarding planned changes in capacity)

StaffChanges:
      Load * inline [
        Period, Department, Change, Text
        202401, Dept1, 100, Baseline
        202402, Dept2, 100, Baseline
        202401, Dept3, 100, Baseline
        202403, Dept1, 10, Staff change
        202404, Dept2, -15, Staff change
        202404, Dept3, 25, Staff change
        202407, Dept3, -10, Staff change
        202401, Dept2, 50, Staff change
      ];

How do I create a new table, showing the current staff in each department, by month?

I want to do this in load script to ensure the data is fixed. 

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Custom Colors for a drilldown master item

Hi folks, I want to assign a specific color for each category of [Agent supergroup] in my drilldown master item, much like asked here. I figured that... Show More

Hi folks,

I want to assign a specific color for each category of [Agent supergroup] in my drilldown master item, much like asked here.

Gal_0-1717601463273.png

I figured that I could color my graph by expression, with an expression (or, as suggested, an expression stored as a second master item) starting like this

=If(GetSelectedCount([Agent supergroup])<>1,
    	Pick(Match([Agent supergroup], 'Hospitals', 'Private laboratories', 'Private practices', 'Other'), '#006580', '#C8C7A9', '#AC4D58', '#99CFCD'), ...)

Without further colors instead of the '...', all subcategories will be colored gray. I guess that I could add more Ifs for [Agent group] and [Agent], but since

• I do not know if the values in the underlying table will change and
    • I care only about color consistency across different graphs,

I just want to assign [Agent group] a color by its position in the list of possible values:

Concat({$<[Agent group]=>} DISTINCT [Agent group], ',')​

So I constructed an expression around this to get a color number between 1 and 12 and then added Pick() as follows:

If(GetSelectedCount([Agent group])<>1,
      Pick(Mod(Len(KeepChar(Left(Concat({$<[Agent group]=>} DISTINCT [Agent group], ','), Index(Concat({$<[Agent group]=>} DISTINCT [Agent group], ','), [Agent group])-1), ',')), 12)+1,
        '#006580', '#C8C7A9', '#AC4D58', '#99CFCD', '#E1DAD5', '#83AF9B', '#E0BD8D', '#8A85C6', '#10CFC9', '#A16090', '#87205D', '#C4CFDA'), ... )

(These are the 12 default Qlik Sense colors.)
    My test-KPI shows the correct color number, but the categories of [Agent group] in the graph are still one and the same color.

Do you have a hint?

Show Less
  • forum

Deployment & Management

Migrating existing users to auth0

We´ve sucessfully integrated auth0 into our Qliksense Enterprise environment.     In a second step, i would like to migrate my existing on machine use... Show More

We´ve sucessfully integrated auth0 into our Qliksense Enterprise environment.

autho.png

In a second step, i would like to migrate my existing on machine users to auth0. They should be able to keeep their individual settings like bookmarks etc.

Is there a way to tranfer this information to the new auth0 user? 

The on machine users have all usernames in the syntax [term1].[term2]. They are residing in a separate user directory.

The auth0 users have a username structure as shown in the screenshot.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Accelerating Decision-Making with Qlik Insights

Qlik enhances decision-making with high-speed insights, as Mayborn Group integrates data from various functions across their global operations, gaining a competitive edge in the childcare industry.

Customer Story

Efficiency in Agriculture: Nortera's Qlik Triumph

Nortera leads agricultural manufacturing analytics and automation with Qlik, reducing short-shipment rates and annual savings in water consumption.

Customer Story

Revolutionizing aircraft production through Data Analytics

Qlik Data Integration transforms Airbus' aircraft production, leading to over 150 replication tasks and informing more efficient analysis.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!