Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uday0994
Contributor
Contributor

join

can anyone explain me how it works.

T1:                                                                                                        
load * inline [
ID
1 ];

T2:
load * inline [
ID
1 ];

and when we join them, whether it is inner,outer,left or right, the result is 

ID

and for concatenate we get

ID

please tell me how this works, thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess concatenation is pretty simple and that doesn't require an explanation. I would try to explain the JOIN result. The basic of join is where there is a match for EVERY elements it would be taken into result table. So for your first table - 1 (one) is there twice, therefore, for every 1 - it matches with all the four 1's in the second table, so essentially for two 1's it would generate 2x4=8, i.e. eight 1's, and that is what you get as output.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess concatenation is pretty simple and that doesn't require an explanation. I would try to explain the JOIN result. The basic of join is where there is a match for EVERY elements it would be taken into result table. So for your first table - 1 (one) is there twice, therefore, for every 1 - it matches with all the four 1's in the second table, so essentially for two 1's it would generate 2x4=8, i.e. eight 1's, and that is what you get as output.

Hope this helps.

uday0994
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank You