Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Source and User document folder

Hello QV experts,

I have two doubts in my mind. Please help me out to get the answere.

1. If i change any document in User Document folder. will it reflect directly to Accesspoint without publishing it...?

2. Is there any why to know which folder is source and which folder is user document folder.

Regards,

Sushil

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Sushil,

Yes if you change any application which are stored under user document will change in access point, provided you have done the setting under application's document properties.

Answer to second question is that you need to go to QEMC and check which folders are set under source document and which under user document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

To know the Source and User document folders check this

QMC -> Documents -> Source Document tab-> Expand Server -> Then you can see the path

QMC-> System -> Setup -> Management Service -> Qlikview Servers -> Folders tab -> Root Folder

Generally Source Documents is stored in 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\SourceDocuments

and User Documents stored in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the info...

I dont have access to the server. so i cant check the C drive.

The problem or doubt here is..

Qlikview admin has given me one folder path to put my qvw files...

In that folder if i do any change that is directly reflecting on the access point without publishing.

so do i am accessing the sourcefolder or UserFolder...?

And other question is: if i change anything in source folder does it reflects on access point without publishing/refreshing it from QMC

Regards,

Sushil

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you see .share files there it would be the userfolder.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

yes i do have .shared file in my folder. but when i am checking QMC  then it shows as Source Document folder.

Is it possible to have Source and User folder same for both.?

Regards,

Sushil

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Maybe, the screen shots will help. It isn't a good Idea to have the Source Folder and AccessPoint folder pointed to the same location. However, if you don't have publisher Server does the reload from the same folders.

QV11 SR1-2013-03-15-20-53-56.pngQV11 SR1-2013-03-15-20-54-17.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.