Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Task fail with Error: Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010108)

Error: Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010108)

When running task, I keep getting this error, and the task fails

I keep checking, but I'm not sure.

Check the log file, please reply.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @jtj02080208 ,

There is also a similar post on The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close comm... - Qlik Community - 193540

Adjusting the following value helped on their case, and is worth to try in your case:

Seconds to wait before QVB Kill

The time the Distribution Service will wait for the document to close. If QlikView engine handles very large documents it might not respond, to prevent this, increase the value for the setting.
(Note: not in the exe.config by default in the 12.xx tracks and the unlisted default value is decreased to 16 seconds(QVII-170))

Location: Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\Distribution Service\QlikviewDistributionService.exe.config
Default: <add key="SecondsToWaitBeforeQVBKill" value="60"/> 

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jon_B
Support
Support

from a search on COMException (0x80010108) It could be related to the "Windows service control timeout" as seen mentioned at the bottom of our article here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Timeout-Values-Related-To-QlikView-Deployment/ta-p/1711987

Please, remember to "like" the post and mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @jtj02080208,

You're receiving this error when you have a QVW open on the AccessPoint?  Can you provide a screen capture of the error?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Status failed in status-Tasks-Task History when I run the reload schedule.

jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Windows service timeout

Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

To change the value data for the ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD value to 60000 in the Control key

Have you ever had problems with other services or QlikView when making changes?

Albert_Candelario

Hello @jtj02080208 ,

There is also a similar post on The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close comm... - Qlik Community - 193540

Adjusting the following value helped on their case, and is worth to try in your case:

Seconds to wait before QVB Kill

The time the Distribution Service will wait for the document to close. If QlikView engine handles very large documents it might not respond, to prevent this, increase the value for the setting.
(Note: not in the exe.config by default in the 12.xx tracks and the unlisted default value is decreased to 16 seconds(QVII-170))

Location: Program Files\QlikView\Publisher\Distribution Service\QlikviewDistributionService.exe.config
Default: <add key="SecondsToWaitBeforeQVBKill" value="60"/> 

Cheers!

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How many values ​​should I set?

Albert_Candelario

Hello @qwebnm ,

What is the current value you have? But this might need to be tested, try and error methodology, to find the value that works better for your environment  according to your documents.

Cheers!