Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 Triggers for the same Task?

Hi,

I have a problem with two enabled AND triggers for the execution of one task:

The Situation:

Trigger A - On multiple events completed - consists of two tasks (Task 1 and 2)

Trigger B - On multiple events completed - consists of three tasks (Task A, B and C)

Main Task – will be trigged if one or both (OR/AND) of Trigger A and Trigger B is successfully enabled (that is, both Task 1 and 2 are executed successfully,OR/AND, Task A, B and C is executed successfully).

The problem:

Trigger A is set up before trigger B.

• What happens is that it seems that Main task only checks if Trigger A is enabled, and then executes the Main task
  • It does’nt check if Trigger B is enabled
  • The result is that the Main task is not run if Trigger B is enabled (as long as Trigger A is not enabled)

Trigger B is set up before trigger A

• If I change the order, and put Trigger B before trigger A, the opposite happens: The result is that the Main task is not run if Trigger A is enabled (as long as Trigger B is not enabled)

My need is that at least one of triggers A and B are enabled for the Main task to start executing - but I cant seem to make this happen in QEMC => is this even possible, or is it maybe a trick to solve this...?

regards

0 Replies