cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Competitor reservation

Hello,

I have three conference rooms and I register the reservation for each of them in a record which stores the room nbr, the employee ID, the occupation date/time and the release date/time.

I'd have to make a consumptive which shows, for every reservation, the number of rooms available at the moment.

Could anybody give me an idea about how to reach my goal?

Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Maybe you can create a table inline with all the numbers and see which rooms are occupied.

Rebeca

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Maybe you can create a table inline with all the numbers and see which rooms are occupied.

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Hi edp,

Can you please explain in detail what exact output you need.

Regards,

Snehal Nabar

Not applicable
Author

The InDayToTime() function is a true/false evaluator that lets you see if a time is within a given time frame. You could use that function to evaluate whether a given room is open.

Also consider this link for working with calendar / slider objects to pick the time you want to assign a room to:

http://min-maxing.com/blog/2012/07/20/easy-date-range-selection-with-qlikview/

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

As you said you wil store the each record w.r.t Roomnbr , employee ID , occupationdate and release date

This is like a Fact table so you have the data in this table.

So try to have a Dimension Table with DateTme Field (Each room registered Date Time) .

Then Try to use IntervalMatch with the DateTime field from Dimension table with the OccupationDateTime and ReleaseDateTime field of Fact table .

Hope it give clear picture .

If you have query please let me know.

Regards

//Yusuf

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Done

I made a query which shows, at the moment of every reservation, the availability of the other rooms; so the query shows these fields:

- Room Nbr

- Reservation Date/time

- Available Room Nbr

- FreeRoom (0/1)

Then I made two pivot tables:

- the first one shows a situation map of all the rooms at the reservation time

- the second one which shows the total and the average of the free rooms at the reservation time.

I attached the solution if someone is interested to see it.

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions.