Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

Data-in updates

Dear Qlikview community,

In my QVD project I access and load an oracle database in production mode and normaly I should get the data for yesterday each time I load the QVD project and the EDmodel application  but this is not happening.

Any Idea what can be the problem?

Kind regards,

Abdallah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think there is no problem. The database update time is set to mid-night each day. In the weekend and holidays there's no new data.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you brief about it?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

I developed 3 applications : the first is to load data from an oracle database into qvd files. The second is the ed_model that trosforms the the qvd files. and the third is a dashbord where I present the data.

When I reload the QVD and Ed_model scripts I get the latest data from the oracle database (which is the data of yesterday since the oracle data base is a production database) but when I reload the Dashbord script I don't get the latest data (the data of yesterday).

The dashbord data should be the same as the ed_model data since the command binary is applied on the ed_model application.

Any Idea why I am not getting the latest data for the dashbord?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Abdallah

PrashantSangle

If it is not yesterday, then it is showing data of which period??

did you check the ed_model which you are reloading and binary file which your are calling inside your final are located in same location?? means path of the ed_model and path of binary file which is calling are same

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Is there a possibility that your binary load isn't targeting the production ED_model app but a development/test version of the app?

Father/Husband/BI Developer
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Prashant,

The dashbord is showing data of July 14th, but today is July 23rd.

The three applications (dashbord, QVD and ed_model ) are in the same folder and I didn't change anything.

Just to let you know I am putting the chart diagramm un a container (in the dashbord)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is your Presentation Layer also reloaded? Check that in table box first whether the data is getting?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

I didn't understand what you mean by Presentation Layer.

In my container I have straight tables bar charts and line charts. I am pressing reload button but the data is not updated!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If that is the case - we have right to ask you to share not working file. Test sample in attached

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think there is no problem. The database update time is set to mid-night each day. In the weekend and holidays there's no new data.