Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Few Questions..

Hi All,

Could someone please help me answer these interview questions?

1)Can Incremental load and full load be implemented in same qvw?

Scenario: We need daily incremental load and at the end of every week full load should be done

2) how to customize the message that gets displayed when Access Point is down?

say 'No server' message gets displayed when service goes down. can it be changed to a more user friendly message?

3)lets say you are publishing a Application on to Access point and server crashes due to reasons like app is consuming lots of memory and so on..

What do you do? how do we recover?

4)whats Cross table? whats the benefit of it?

5) Why cant we use more than one Binary loads in a qvw?

can someone pls help me with these questions?

Thanks & Regrds

Jyothi

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1.It is possible.But ensure that you drop the unnecessary tables before the full load

4.https://community.qlik.com/message/712394#712394

5.That is the default qlikview character

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jebamalai..

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

1)Can Incremental load and full load be implemented in same qvw? ---Yes we can do,but little bit difficult to write code accordingly,for example if week date we have to execute incremental logic and weekend we have to load full load by creating two tabs one for incremental load and other for full load.

Scenario: We need daily incremental load and at the end of every week full load should be done

2) how to customize the message that gets displayed when Access Point is down? ---,just we ahve to replay that web page with ur new customized web page and aprt from that we can use custom system message on QVWS---Accespoint--accesspoint settings.

say 'No server' message gets displayed when service goes down. can it be changed to a more user friendly message?

3)lets say you are publishing a Application on to Access point and server crashes due to reasons like app is consuming lots of memory and so on..

What do you do? how do we recover? --if once qvw/qvd fiels are correct very difficult to retrieve,so..we general main tain back uf those files weekly/monthly..just replace the old file and re-run that file only for old data..else some ppl will maintain SVN.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shiva

Few more questions i just remembered..

What are Qlikview Governance dashboard? (I googled but not able to get an idea what exactly it is..)

What langauge does Qlikview uses? Is it SQL? (I know Qlikview has inbuilt Scripting languge but interviewer confused )

Can u pls help..

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

What are Qlikview Governance dashboard? -- it helps to analyse all ur qvws and how ur effectively using ur server!

(I googled but not able to get an idea what exactly it is..)

What langauge does Qlikview uses? Is it SQL? (I know Qlikview has inbuilt Scripting languge but interviewer confused )  ---- we can say as QlikView scripts, the other may be his point of view based on which langauage qlikview software build(.net,vc++..etc)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot shiva