Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

File Wizard Issue

Hi Folks ,

I'm having problem in reading Internet file in one of our machine , see below I'm getting below window:

Don't know why "File Type" selected automatically as Html , but the actual format is Excel(xlsx)

Machine 1:

But if I'm trying to load the same link in some other machine , it is working fine with correct format selected .

Machine 2:

Please suggest, what could be the issue in machine 1

Thanks,

AS

8 Replies
avinashelite

Does your first machine has excel ??  and are you able to select xlsx manually ??

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Yes Avinash,

we do have excel on that machine and if I'm trying xlsx manually than below issue:

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

See it is installed:

Thanks,
AS

avinashelite

I think the files in Machine 1 are corrupted , try to delete those file and download a fresh one and try again 

Hope this helps you

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can copy same data  into other excel and try to load bck

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Did u mean to install office 2013 once again???

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Sorry bro , don't want to load this file as local , we have a standard location list on internet , which is in Execel format.

As of now , I have downloaded this file and reading locally from the same machine ,which is working fine , but want to read this as internet file.

Thanks,

AS

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can delete which u hve downloaded the Excel ... and re download back and try to load again