Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hardware Requirements Help

Hi,

I need to have a basic overview on the hardware requirement for displaying qlikview reports in large touch screen ( more than 60" ).

I will have the server with 128GB Ram, Quad Core Processor.

From those server reports will be fetched and will be displayed on the big screen connected with other desktop. So what hardware (ram/process/graphics) should I use on that desktop?

Please consider the data volumes to be very high.

Thanks.

Sachin A.

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

hi, Sachin

I'm not sure if you will need a better hardware just because you have a bigger screen.

Anyway, this question is very complicated to answer like this.

It will depend on a lot of factors: data volume, data model, expression, simultaneous users, etc.

There are some posts the discussed sizing before (some of them with very interesting documents and spreadsheets that can help):

http://community.qlik.com/message/83458#83458

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1894

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich

Yes, you are correct. We are considering those to be more than average. I m looking the overview structure of the same. I have good hardware for server. Just want to know about the hardwares in the desktop which will be connected to the big screen.

Thanks for the links. Let me check those.

Sachin A.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Most of the effort will be in the server side, so (I guess) an average client can do the trick (or at least one compared to another machine, with a smaller screen)

If it is possible, please post back your results.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Means, normal pc with suppose 4gb of ram and core2duo or i3 with graphics card can serve the purpose ? Large qvw can be opened easily with this requirement on client side pc ? Ultimately I will render qvw on client pc from server.