Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help! how can I recover my autosaved file...

After hours work I closed QV but forgot to save my application - (^#@!!&^). I saw it was auto-saving my application every 6 minutes. How can I recove the last auto-saving, were can I find this?

Much thanks! Arthur

2 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, the Autorecover option is designed for if there is a crash, if this occurs you are propted to restore from the auto saved file, these files are deleted when a document is closed through the normal way, as this is what you did you have lost your work. below is what the ref guide says:

Thanks

Steve

Save AutoRecover Info

In the Save AutoRecover Info group you can specify rules for

when AutoRecover files should be saved. Such files can be used to

restore lost work e.g. if the system crashes before changes have

been saved. AutoRecover files are automatically deleted every time

a document has been successfully saved or abandoned by the user.

Every time QlikView is started a check will be made if AutoRecover

files exist. If this is the case a dialog will be displayed allowing

you to open (and resave) or delete these files.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Autorecover files are stored by default into C:\Users\<YourUsernamehere>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView but you can check that path in your QlikView, Settings menu, User Preferences, Locations, User Files. Give a try to see whether the files are still stored there, but they will be removed, as Steve mentions above, whenever the document is saved properly or the application closed, regardless whether you clicked on save changes or not.

To avoid that in the future, create some versions of the document in the User Preferences, Save tab, Use backup, so each time you save a document, the previous state is saved as Version 1 of Document.qvw, then Version 2 and so on.

Hope that helps.

Miguel