Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to generate a sequential number based on the Selection?

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that,

1)There is a column Product which contains value like Product A, Product B and so On .

2)The list of products to be compared based on the selection from this column.

3)There is a target column which should list of values selected in the Product.

4) Once the Target is selected , A bar chart should be shown with the Target value displayed and the values of all other products should be displayed as Product1,Product2 and so on based on the order of selection in Step2.

Can we generate a sequential number for a values in a column based on the order of their selection ?

For Example , below is the data

ProductValue
Product A10
Product B20
Product C40
Product D30
Product E50
Product F25

In the above example if my selection of values in the product are in the order Product E, Product A, Product C,Product B,Product D

The values in the Target column should be the values selected above.

If the Product C is selected as a Target?, there should be a bar graph generated with product as a dimension and Value as expression the value for target (Product C ) should be as it is  and the values of other products should be changed with sequential number suffixed, in the above example the The values Product E should be displayed as Product1, Product A as Product2 , Product C as Product C, Product B as Product4 and Product D as Product5.

The sample output should look like the below. Please let me know if there is way to do this?

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can we generate a sequential number for a values in a column based on the order of their selection

No. Qlikview does not keep track of the order in which you select values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand