Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Issue on First Sorted Value

Dear experts:

I am having issue on the function firstsortedvalue. I am using the below expression, where it is trying to list the Item with least value sold. I am seeing there are many items with the same value and hence it shows NULL. Is there a way to pick up one from the List? How do I find out Only one amongst the whole list. I tried using Rank function, but it does not give me anything.

firstsortedvalue({$<Inv_YearMonth_Num= {$(=max(Inv_YearMonth_Num))}>}[Item Description],QtySold)

Appreciate a quick reply.

Kind Regards,

Bimala

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this:

=SubField(Concat(Aggr(FirstSortedValue({$<Inv_YearMonth_Num= {$(=Max(Inv_YearMonth_Num))}>}[Item Description],QtySold), uniqueDimension), '|'), '|', 1)

here uniqueDimension would be one which would give you a unique Item Description for each row.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest that you post your application or a representative sample. That way you will get more accurate and relevant help...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try if the DISTINCT qualifier resolves your issue:

firstsortedvalue(DISTINCT {$<Inv_YearMonth_Num= {$(=max(Inv_YearMonth_Num))}>}[Item Description],QtySold)

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=SubField(Concat(Aggr(FirstSortedValue({$<Inv_YearMonth_Num= {$(=Max(Inv_YearMonth_Num))}>}[Item Description],QtySold), uniqueDimension), '|'), '|', 1)

here uniqueDimension would be one which would give you a unique Item Description for each row.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I replaced Unique Dimension with [Item Description], since [Item Description] i.e. the unique field and it works fine.

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

DISTINCT does not work in this case. Thanks a lot !!

sunny_talwar

Awesome

I am glad it worked for you.

Best,

Sunny