Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issues with Publisher Distribution using loop field in document

We are having some issues related to the usage of the loop field in document on the distribute tab in Publisher.

We have a security application that builds up info related to whom has access to which QV application. This QVD also contains the SAMaccountname under format domain\user.

On the QV server (QEMC) under directory service connectors, we have setup 2 LDAP connections under the active directory section.

One of them refers to the LDAP referring to our 'old' domain and one referring to our 'new' domain.

The QV server is running/resides in the 'new' domain and all jobs are launched with a user from the 'new' domain.

I have 2 problems :

1) In some cases, the system shows me the SID's instead of user names when I check the published files (RMC and then properties/security). These missing names are linked to (some) users that are still on the 'old' domain and that have not been migrated yet. When I add a user manually, the system will not show a name but refer to an SID. When I remove the SID and add the user manually, he appears with his name.

2) Some of my users do not see the published file allthough their SID (or user name) is linked to the file when I look at the properties of the file (tab security)

It seems to be like this when the server was migrated a few weeks ago to the new domain and it is not linked to all of the users from the 'old' domain.

It really seems very strange. I checked on the access point and the user was logged in as old\xxxxx with old = old domain and xxxx= user login.

Don't know where I need to look first and I have some users currently that do need their QV apps but can't access them anymore for one reason or another and I do not know what is causing this.

0 Replies