Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Merging 5 versions of report into one report

Hello everyone,

My latest discussion with my customer, I got a hint that I will have to merge 5 different versions of same report created at various point of time in the past year. Also came to know that each report will have different pages, tabs , data , tables, graphs developed by someone / many else. Is there any easy trick to do this ? I did not get data / developed versions of report yet. Is there any add-on kinda thing readily available in QlikView to do this ?

TIA,

James

4 Replies
ellenblackwell
Partner - Contributor III

I had a similar project once, but we were merging 5 different applications with distinct data models. That was very challenging. If all report versions share a single data model, you are looking at lots of copy-and-paste on the front-end. Fortunately, you can open multiple instances of QV to simplify/expedite the process.

I am not aware of any tool that helps merge QVW files. If you are handy with XML, perhaps you could export the XML and work with that. You might also want to export the script from each file and do a compare for differences in inline tables, etc. between the report versions.

Good luck, and please post if you find a tool to manage the app merge process.

Regards,

Ellen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ellen. Actually I also planned to do a fully manual merge. But not sure about the practical challenges I have to get through. That is why I am looking for a tool to do this. 'NPrinting' was suggested in some other thread , but not sure whether the user was successful at the end. Anyway I will take some time to find something , in the meanwhile I will also wait to get more replies for this thread.

Cheers,

James.

ellenblackwell

Hello. Not entirely sure this is relevant, because I am still thinking primarily about the issue of consolidating multiple data models (vs. merging different UIs), but it just occurred to me, that, perhaps Alteryx could be helpful. Again, I am thinking about the the ETL effort that would be involved in merging data models. Food for thought.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying Ellen. I did not even go for manual merging. I understood the data models and building fresh report as my management do not want to take risk. They are Ok to go with fresh report generation but I will try merging the report for my learning .

Cheers,

James.