Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Optimized log Files, hide non important code.

Hello Everyone,

Nowdays I am working on QV with very large scripts and sometimes is difficult to find on the log where is the problem because the log is a very long file. One of the most common noisy code pices that i find are for loops. There is no problem with short ones but when the number of steps is starting to grow almost all your log is the loop and also is starting be heavier. So my question is:

Is there any way to hide some parts of your code, such as this annoying for loop, of the Log File?

Thank you in advance

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You mean, sort of a "SUSPEND LOG;" statement?

AFAIK there is no such thing. At least not yet. This may be helpful:

And I seem to remember at least one discussion in which a complete design with logging levels was suggested. Can't find it anymore however.

marcus_sommer

For rather simple things you could use trace-statements to log certain things and also to set some KEY words which you could use for a search and a navigation within the log. If this isn't really feasible you need to develop an own log-logic.

But you don't need to start at the beginning - there exists already an application: Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook and should this not cover all your needs you might extend it or building a new one with: Sub Runtime.docx‌ where you could find another 3 different approaches (2 within the comments).

- Marcus