Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator

Performance issue with section access

Hi,

I am using section access in my Qlikview dashboard NTNAME and not USERID or PWD combination.

File size is about 150MB.

When I remove section access the document opens in 30 seconds but the same document takes more than 2 and half minutes with section access.

How can i fix this...

Gautham

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Section access will always need some overhead to evaluate the authorization and maybe perform a data-reduction. I have never tested the opening times with and without section access respectively with different granularities of section access but I think there will be rather not much potential to optimize.

Another point which is very important for the opening times is if you have enabled data-compression (in document properties in tab general in top left area). If yes disable it - then it saved only storage space but cost time and ressources by de-/compressing.

Beside them you could consider to optimize the datamodel itself and the objects within the gui especially those one on the landing page (which might need some conditional restrictions).

- Marcus