Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with availability limitations on extranet server

I have three QlikView Extranet Server Session CAL's in my license but somehow i have lost two licenses in QEMC. Usually im allowed to steer which documents that are supposed to be available through the user document panel in QEMC/User Documents/Server/Availability.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

QEMC.png

Best, Joel 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I couldnt reallocate all the Cals that where missing so the solution was to remove all .pgo files and clear the license. Since I work with a Extranet license it was really easy to get up to speed after clearing the license since no user settings where affected.

Solution described here:

Re: Missing Document cals?

I also received got a great tip from qv-support to always have three documents checked no matter what since empty slots otherwise could be occupied by users that load documents. In my case i am only occupying two qvw-slots so I created a empty qvw that will fill the third place.

Best Joel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Colin-Albert

Licences can disappear if a qvw that has licences allocated to it is deleted before releasing the licences.

If you create an empty qvw with the same filename as the deleted apps, then you should be able to recover the licences, and then delete the empty apps again.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this seems lika a way to solve the problem. Is it possible to find out which qvw-files that are currently allocated by extranet server?

Colin-Albert

Hi Joel

No so sure of the best way to find the missing files on an extranet server. On a standard QV server there would be files named xxxx.meta and xxxx.shared in the mount folders or users folder which will show that you need to create a file named xxx.qvw

It may be worth looking at some of the articles here on "missing doc cals" which could give you more ideas.

Colin

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I couldnt reallocate all the Cals that where missing so the solution was to remove all .pgo files and clear the license. Since I work with a Extranet license it was really easy to get up to speed after clearing the license since no user settings where affected.

Solution described here:

Re: Missing Document cals?

I also received got a great tip from qv-support to always have three documents checked no matter what since empty slots otherwise could be occupied by users that load documents. In my case i am only occupying two qvw-slots so I created a empty qvw that will fill the third place.

Best Joel