Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doespirito
Creator
Creator

Problems with QlikView and Google File Stream

Hello community,

We have just moved our common directories to Google Files Stream. We can no longer load excel files stored on GFS. We always have errors like "Zip error" or "Connot read bif files".

Does anyone use Google File Stream with excel files?

On the other hand, some applications stored on GFS no longer open.
Do you know of such problems?

Thank you for your answers,

Arnault

4 Replies
doespirito
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello ,

There is no user of QlikView and google Drive File Stream yet?

Maybe this google service is too recent ...

thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had also problems with the new Google File Stream. when trying to open .qvw files from it, got the error "The file contains inconsistensies" and the file didn't open.

Connected Google support and they recommended trying instead the sync option for home users, which is Google Backup and Sync. It uses the same technology as the old Google Drive.

Gave it a try and it worked. So apparently the new File Stream uses some kind of technology that isn't compatible with Qlikview.

Jokke

jschnell
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have been experiencing the same issue, among others, ever since "upgrading" to Google File Stream.  I ended up copying my directories to a non-File Stream location.  Appears to be a Google issue.

doespirito
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your answers, Google File Stream will make our life of qlikview user more complicated when it was supposed to simplify it