Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

QVW File

Hi Guys,

I created my qvw file and loaded all data from my database.

There's a way to save the QVW file with all the data and then share it with another user , opening the file with the software Qlikview Personal Edition?

I tried but the software request to reload all data.

Thank you

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No.

QlikView Desktop Personal Edition can only open documents created by the same copy of QV Desktop Personal Edition or documents with an embedded license.

The reverse is possible though: a licensed QV Desktop can open all documents created by a PE Desktop.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are unsure about what a Personal Edition Desktop can and cannot do, check out this document: Personal Edition FAQs

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

If the user has access to the website, so has a license, there's a way to use directly the QVW file app instead of the website?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, by using QlikView Desktop instead of a browser client, and by leasing a Named CAL from the QlikView Server.

Users with only document CALs (or any other CAL type) cannot license QV Desktop. Users with only access to a test server cannot license QV Desktop.