Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rangeavg & Above function use

Hi All,

I have data from 2014 Mar to 2016 May, in the line chart am showing rolling 12 months data,if suppose i click on 2016, Mar the data display from Apr- to Mar- (last 12 months from the current month) including Returns an average of the three months,6 and 12 months.The problem is it is not taking average of back end data that means before apr we have mar and feb ( it it is 3 months it supposed to be calculate last 3 month average show Apr ), here i take Month as dimension

the question is can we average of the back end months as well , whichever months not displaying in chart?

Please help me on this

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it is not working for my requirement, the challenge is have to calculate average of  hidden months and show in the APR average (if it is last 3 months)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As far as I've understood your request, exactely that (showing the average of the last X month, regardless if these month are part of the dimensions shown in the chart) should be possible using an AsOf table.

There is also an approach possible using advanced aggregation (it's mentioned and referenced in the document by Gysbert), but it's not as straigth forward as an AsOf table approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

When am using Month_year (E.g June-2015) as dimension it is taking back end months and giving correct average but when i use Month (e.g Jun)  as a dimension it is not taking back end months data, so we need to any aggregation on Month (How to do aggregation on dimension)

Thank you ,

Devendar