Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reading a CSV file from a network operating with LINUX

Hi,

I want to read in some CSV files that are stored on a seperate network and operating with LINUX.

I have the IP address to access the file however I am not sure if it is possible to read it straight into QlikView (mine is on windows XP).

Has anyone done this before or done something similiar to this before? What is the simplest method possible? Would I need additional software?

Any information at all would be helpful.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, yeah I have. But configuring a linux server is rather out of scope here. It has nothing to do with Qlikview. Depending on the linux distribution installed on your server this may be a few mouse clicks or installing software and editing configuration files in exotic places. And there are several thousand websites with tutorials for this for just about every linux distribution out there. Have a google!

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's possible to create shared drives (like windows sharing) on linux with the samba software. Another option is to configure a ftp server or webserver and publish the csv file that way. If you can access the file on the linux server from your xp workstation then qlikview can access the file too.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

thanks, thats what I thought I would have to do but was just curious to see if there was something more simple and direct.

I am still a bit confused about actually implementing this with the FTP or samba options. Have you implemented this before? do you have an example code I could look at? what are the steps?

cheers

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, yeah I have. But configuring a linux server is rather out of scope here. It has nothing to do with Qlikview. Depending on the linux distribution installed on your server this may be a few mouse clicks or installing software and editing configuration files in exotic places. And there are several thousand websites with tutorials for this for just about every linux distribution out there. Have a google!

Not applicable
Author

You can install Dropbox on that linux machine and put the file into Dropbox. Then access it by obscure URL from QlikView.