Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter chart plotting for multiple dimensions

I am planning to use scatter plot chart for couple  of requirements

1.  I need multiple dimensions to be viewed in x axis using a dropdown.So that i can dynamically choose the x axis dimension using dropdown.

2. Also , based on country and different status('Active,Closed') i need to plot the chart .Example:

X-axis values - Num of daya (0,40,60...)

Y axis value - Number of defects(0,1,2,3,....)

Status - Active(Triangular shape) , Closed (Square shape)

Country - US (Green color)

Now suppose for US region we have 2 active defects for past 40 days. It would be represented in chart with triangular shape filled with green color in proper x,y coordinates.

Kindly let me know if it is possible in qlikview using scatter chart or any other chart.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

4 Replies
sibideepak
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

1. You can use many dimension but you have to work around to do that.i.e)You have load dimensions inline and you have to create variable ,write if statement based on dropdown values.And assign that variable to dimension in chart.

2.Color change and size change is possible but not shape change.Size change is done by assigning your expression as chart's 3rd expression.Color change is possible if write RGB with your own formula.

Not applicable
Author

It is not possible to use multiple shapes in scatter chart ? I am atatching image to show what is required.image2.png

sibideepak
Creator II
Creator II

To my knowledge it is not possible..wait for others to reply will see any other idea's is there..!!

max31
Contributor III
Contributor III

Any news? I do have the same need.