Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select Month and Timestamp

Hello,

I need help with matching two tables related to the current date (today).
Please see the attached Timestamp.rar (download it in the link above), which contains the Timestamp.qvw.

In it you can find 3 tables and one Button. When you click on the button QV selects the actual month.
Now I want, that also the Timestamp will be selected, when clicking on the Proof Button.

For example:
When QlikView selects May - in Timestamp there should be selected ALWAYS actual and for May the 1 FC Target
When selecting June - in Timestamp there should be selected actual and for June the 2 FC
When selecting July - in Timestamp there should be selected actual and for July the 3 FC
When selecting August - in Timestamp there should be selected actual and for Augsut 4 FC
When selecting Septemeber - in Timestamp there should be selected actual and for September 5 FC
... and last When selecting October - in Timestamp there should be selected actual and for October 6 FC

In November it starts again - selecting actual and 1 FC Target
December - selecting actual and 2 FC
April - selecting actual and 6 FC

How is this achivable?
I cant get it to work.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Andreas

Here is the file:
http://www.easy-share.com/1912908814/Timestamp.rar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you really cant change your table structures I think the only way to go is a macro. You might have been able to change the name of the new column in Timestamp.xls from 'Month' to 'MonthX' and then add another action in the button to set field 'MonthX' to '=Month' but as they fire together then the set field of 'Month' will not have been actioned yet 😞

Regards,

Gordon

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Can you attach the file with your posting rather than use easy-share?

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon,

heres the QlikVIew File - but without my excel.

But I dont think you need it - its only one little table.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

I dont know your data sources but can you not create a table in the load to join Timestamp/Month so that selections are linked within Qlikview?

For example here is a part of what Timstamp.xls would look like:

TimestampMonth
5 FC3
5 FC9
6 FC4
6 FC10
actual1
actual2
actual3
actual4
actual5
actual6
actual7
actual8
actual9
actual10
actual11
actual12

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon,

good idea, but then i get loops with my other datasources.
The fields month and timestamp are already available.

Any other idea how to achieve that?

Not applicable
Author

If you really cant change your table structures I think the only way to go is a macro. You might have been able to change the name of the new column in Timestamp.xls from 'Month' to 'MonthX' and then add another action in the button to set field 'MonthX' to '=Month' but as they fire together then the set field of 'Month' will not have been actioned yet 😞

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Gordon.