Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fineasfalco
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis in Pivot Table

Hi Qlik community,

I have a problem with a complex set analysis expression within a pivot table.

To better describe my problem, I have created an example.

I have the following test data:

TEST:
LOAD * INLINE [MyPeriod, MyReferencePeriod, MyProduct, MyQty
"2019'Q1", "2018'Q1", "A1", 100
"2019'Q1", "2018'Q1", "A2", 100
"2019'Q1", "2017'Q1", "A3", 100
"2018'Q4", "2017'Q1", "A1", 100
"2018'Q4", "2016'Q1", "A2", 100
"2018'Q4", "2016'Q4", "A3", 100
];

I added this data to a pivot chart where the MyPeriod  dimension is a column field,

I have created a simple espression sumQty = sum(myQty)

pivot table img.png

I want to define a new expression NewSumQty that calculates the sum of  quantity  for each product in which MyReferencePeriod is maximum for rolling period (MyPeriod).

That is

NewSumQty  = A1 Qty + A2 Qty  (200pcs)   with MyPeriod = 2019'Q1  (Max of MyReferencePeriod is equal to   2018'Q1)

NewSumQty  = A1 Qty  (100 pcs)                     with MyPeriod = 2018'Q4 (Max of MyReferencePeriod is equal to 2017'Q1)

To implement this I must use the set analysis features.

I tried to implement it but the expression is not performed correctly.

i.e  NewSumQty = sum({$<[MyReferencePeriod] = {"$(='Aggr(Maxstring([MyReferencePeriod]),[MyPeriod])')"}>} [MyQty])

Could you help me to implement this expression?

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards

fineas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(
If(MyReferencePeriod = MaxString(TOTAL <MyPeriod> MyReferencePeriod), Sum(myQty))
, MyPeriod, MyReferencePeriod))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(
If(MyReferencePeriod = MaxString(TOTAL <MyPeriod> MyReferencePeriod), Sum(myQty))
, MyPeriod, MyReferencePeriod))
fineasfalco
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Great, Sunny_talwar.

the solution is good.

I 'll try to use your solution to my most complex expression.

Thank very much.

fineasfalco
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The proposed solution allows to achieve the result in a different way, but It 's possible get the same result with set analysis approach.

My problem showed is a simplification . I use a more complex set analysis expression.

I hope that exist a set analysis method, in this case the Max of MyReferencePeriod is a parameter of my set analysis espression.

sunny_talwar

You can create a flag in the script to do this using set analysis, but without further manipulation in the script... this isn't possible

fineasfalco
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

my doubt is how to do it, because I don't  want to precalculate the maximum and put it in a variable so I can use the value as a static parameter in my set analsysis espression, in fact I want the maximum of MyReferencePeriod to be contextual to MyPeriod, I want the parameter to change when MyPeriod changes, MyPeriod is a field column in a pivot table. My goal that the parameter maximum of MyReferencePeriod is calculated within my espression.

I hope I was clear.

sunny_talwar

Then you have to use Aggr()