Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevpickering
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis strange behaviour when all rows are null

Hi,

I've attached example file that demonstrates the issue I'm experiencing.  The text box displays 43 out of 43 - which is number of measures that have passed out of total measures. The table below it displays all rows.

The set analysis in the text box works correctly if at least one of the rows has the field ComplianceAttribute.ValidationResult populated. If one row has a 'Pass' or 'Fail' in the field, the text box will correctly display 1 of 43 or 0 of 43.

However, as you can see, the field is null in every row. So I would expect to see the text box display 0 of 43, however the text box is displaying 43 of 43!

Is this a bug or am I missing something - I haven't come across this before.

I'm using QlikView desktop 12.20 (November 2017 SR7).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This is a known issue and has been brought up several times. I think one way around this is to replace null with some kind of blind space or use a flag to assign nulls, passes and fails a different number and then use that in set analysis.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

This is a known issue and has been brought up several times. I think one way around this is to replace null with some kind of blind space or use a flag to assign nulls, passes and fails a different number and then use that in set analysis.

avinashelite

its an know issue , this happens only when you have the complete column as null/blanks ...

kevpickering
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I've worked around the issue with other solutions but was hoping not to.