Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Set analysis vs. IntervalMatch function

Hi folk!

I have a rather complex datamodel where each entity has a VALID_FROM and VALID_TO (no overlapping periods) field and share a common KEY_FIELD which is the PARTNO.

The task which i have to accomplish is to reduce the data on the VALID_FROM and VALID_TO field for each entity and what it makes more difficult is that the entity data should be shown not in different rows but near each other (like a cross product and reduce it through the filter VALID_FROM and VALID_TO):

Ex:

1) Table Partner

PARTNO PARTNAMEPART_VALID_FROMPART_VALID_TO
1JAMES01.01.201015.01.2011
1JAMES ARTUR15.01.201031.01.2010

2) Table Address

ADRESSNOADDR_STREETPARTNOADDR_VALID_FROMADDR_VALID_TO
1helvetia 5101.01.201005.01.2010
2londonstreet 10105.01.201031.12.2010

Qlikview GUI Filter and chart

Filter: FROM: 06.01.2010    --    TO: 10.01.2010

Chart (Straight Table):

Partner No.NameAdressnoStreet
1James1londonstrett 10

My first approach:

1)  INTERVALMATCH function for each entity, to create a calendartable, where i extract from each entity involved the days from the FROM - TO interval and link them togheter with a KEY_ENTITY_FROM_TO.

2) On the GUI create a FROM - TO filter (two variables vStartDate and vEndDate) which filters the DATELIST from new created ENTITY_CALENDAR for each entity (i used the variable triggers to do that).

The solution works but is too RAM expensive and slow. You can imagine, every entity table is linked together with a calendar table, where i extract  the single days of each period (FROM - TO). It is absolutely not a practicable solutions. I have a lot of entities involved as u can see from the datamodel.

So my question, can I use set analysis or an expression to achieve what i want without using intervalmatch function?

The requirements are to use a FROM - TO filter and accordingly to this filter reduce the data of each entity. Important as u see from the example above the data of each entity should be shown near each other.

I wonder if there is the possibility to use set analysis to reduce the data.....

Thanks,

Patric

Here the Datamodel with all entities involved (the calendars for each entity are missing here):

IMG_20140619_170015.jpg

0 Replies