Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing all values/dates on x axis in chart

Hi,

how can I force QlikView to show all date values regardless of the current selection?

I included a dummy expression (=1) which is invisible to show all possible dates on the axis. When I now select a certain a product category where there is no sales yet associated (eg. future dates) it limits the values shown on the axis to dates where there is associated sales data.

The dates are kept in a seperate calendar table, show all values does not do the trick here.

I was thinking about doing something with set analysis, but I'm not sure how to use this in the dimesion.

This is the chart w/o any selection made (the purple line is calculated based on the calendar table and another table)

error loading image

When making a selection it limits the shown dates to the ones that have sales data associated.

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lukas,

try Set Analysis: SUM ({< time dimension = >} Value)

No filter on that dimension will have an effect.

Hope this helps,

Matthias

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

I think that if you select "Show All Values" for your dimension on the Dimensions tab, and on the presentation tab make sure "Suppress Zero-Values" is unchecked, you will get what you want.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lukas,

try Set Analysis: SUM ({< time dimension = >} Value)

No filter on that dimension will have an effect.

Hope this helps,

Matthias

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthias,

I KNEW there must be an easy solution, but I just couldn't get my head around it (maybe because it's Monday...) 😉

All I added was {1} to my expression...

Thanks!

Lukas