Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Variable's value in -prj folder xml

Hi,

Where can I find a the value or content of a variable in xml files generated in -prj folder.

Thanks,

Rakul.

12 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AllProperties.xml will contain all variables that were defined in the original document, including the system variables that are automatically created during the first reload. But not their content.

In step 6, do you get an invitation to overwrite the project files?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Oh, I get it.

I think you're looking at the Comment property which is indeed saved together with all other variable properties to AllProperties.xml (see the bottom field of the Settings->Variable overview dialog). However, that's not the variable value as listed in the Definition field (middle one in Variable overview)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

What if you load the current QVW back into itself as XML at the end of the load script, mind blowing I know

You can then store the variables out into the -PRJ folder as a text file, with this method you will also be able to use source control on

the -PRJ folder as it will have your variables text file in it.

The only issue you would have is having to reload your document every time you create or make changes to your variables for them to be visible in your variable output text file.