Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Which is more faster? Loading a tab or variable toggle controlled objects?

I have a function/UI question.

My scenario is that I have a QlikView document with three buttons and three charts. When a user presses the button, the chart will be displayed when toggled.

Which is better for performance?

Setting the actions of the button so that it opens a tab or creating variables and setting the action to toggle 'on/off' features to load the charts?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Let me re-phrase that question,

You want to know which will be easy on your application for shifting through different charts.

1) Creating charts in different tabs and having buttons to help navigate between them

2) Creating charts in same tab with variables assigned to them and having buttons to activate and deactivate them.

I guess, both scenarios will be okay. It just depends on the calculations in your charts, make sure there are not any complex calculations in them. So, that as soon as user clicks on a button, charts would show up easily without a lag.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
felix18807
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think the question is around which way of presenting the information is likely cause the most performance related issues around large data sets. I'm curious to know if anyone has any information - anecdotal or otherwise - about this as I'm having similar issues 

Not applicable
Author

Let's take the worst case scenario of having a lot of columns and complex calculations in charts/tables.

Not applicable
Author

In that case, switching to objects on another tab is better, button actions can be affected from the lag of objects.

In the case of switching through tabs may also have some lag. But, from the observer point of view it may seem faster than buttons & variables, because as soon as its clicked it will redirect you to the destination tab even though charts struggle to load, user will be convinced that he got somewhere. where as in the other option, charts struggle to appear and it lets down users experience.