Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

allowing 0 to show on bar chart but not null values

hi guys, i have a chart to show the bottom 10 usage rate of a device, thus there would be devices that have 0% usage rate...

expression is simply usageTime/totalTime. i also placed the expression in the Sort tab so as to show only the bottom 10...

under Presentation tab, i unchecked Suppress Zero-Values so as to show 0% bar(s) on the charts...

however, null/invalid also show on up the chart (they do not even have a 0% bar)...

now, some background info about my tables. i have 3 tables with the device information, usage rate etc...

usually a device will have records in all 3 tables. however, there are a few devices which have records in only 1 table, resulting in their names appearing on the chart without a bar even when they do not have a usage rate % to show...

Suppress When Value Is Null is already checked under Dimension...

what else can i do?

thanks in advance!

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I thought you did read the reply I posted below, but it seems you don't.

Check the attached application on how the below expression works.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes Miguel's Solution is the perfect one.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

hi Miguel,

i duno y but i actually missed out ur reply with the P() function, it works for me!

anyway, i'm using the free personal edition so i'm unable to open the file u've attached. is it the same as the post which you mentioned the P() function?

nevertheless, thanks again to you and Kaushi for the help...

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

This is the script in that app:

LOAD ID,

If(ID = 'G', null(), USE) AS USE

INLINE [

ID, USE

A, 10

B, 20

C, 5

D, 7

E, 10

F, 30

G

H, 1

J, 0

];

Note that I'm forcing one value to be null, and another to be zero.

Then I created a new barchart, using ID as dimension and

Sum({< USE = P(USE) >} USE) / SUM(TOTAL USE)

as expression. I unticked the "Suppress Zero Values" in the chart properties, Presentation tab, and click the "Zero on bars".

"J" will show in the chart with 0 as value, but not G, that has a null.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica