cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

sum two sum function

hey I am using this function in my table:

SUM({$<[Is Budget]={'0'},DATEPERIOD={'>=$(=date(YearStart(MAX(DATEPERIOD))-31))<=$(=date(YearStart(MAX(DATEPERIOD))-1))'},Year,Month,Quarter>}amount)

+

SUM({$<[Is Budget]={'0'},DATEPERIOD={'>=$(=YEARSTART(MAX(DATEPERIOD)))<=$(=MAX(DATEPERIOD))'},Year,Month,Quarter>}amount)

and I cant get the result as expected, it only show the value of this expression (the last one): SUM({$<[Is Budget]={'0'},DATEPERIOD={'>=$(=YEARSTART(MAX(DATEPERIOD)))<=$(=MAX(DATEPERIOD))'},Year,Month,Quarter>}amount)

what am I doing wrong?

19 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What if you create a straight table With the dimession(s) you want and makes two expression

SUM({$<[Is Budget]={'0'},DATEPERIOD={'>=$(=date(YearStart(MAX(DATEPERIOD))-31))<=$(=date(YearStart(MAX(DATEPERIOD))-1))'},Year,Month,Quarter>}amount)

and then

SUM({$<[Is Budget]={'0'},DATEPERIOD={'>=$(=YEARSTART(MAX(DATEPERIOD)))<=$(=MAX(DATEPERIOD))'},Year,Month,Quarter>}amount)

will it shows correct on row Level?

marcus_sommer

I suggest to check each part separately within a table-chart without an expression-label - then within the expression-label qlik will show you how the expression and especially the $-sign expansion will be interpreted - and quite probably you will see which part you need to adjust. Quite probably this will be the formatting-issue.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works perfectly in straight table

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ok,

what if you add a 3:rd Expression column(1)+column(2)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it works in straight table, but not in pivot table

I am using pivot table

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Ok, Can you send the application if possible

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Then aggr() could help, can you show us what Dimension you have in Pivot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sorry for the late reply.

it actually works fine if I dont select month as dimension. but if I select month as my dimension, it wont work

BrightFuture
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the dame problem and I am aware where it comes from but could not find a solution. The problem comes from the fact that the "+" between the two expressions is not effective and only one of them will be calculated and shows as a result. So theoretically we need a "sum" function to sum the two expressions instead of the +, which I could not get right till now. 

I will write you the answer when I find it 🙂 

BrightFuture
Contributor III
Contributor III

So what I found is like using Total after the sum will get you some good results (only when you use one dimension), however when you use two dimensions for the X-axis you will get the same exact results every time (Let say you have Quaters and Years as your dimensions, by then you will get same values of the Quarters repeated over the years because Total ignores the dimension).

I am not sure how it will turn out in your expression but try this:

SUM(total{$<[Is Budget]={'0'},DATEPERIOD={'>=$(=YEARSTART(MAX(DATEPERIOD)))<=$(=MAX(DATEPERIOD))'},Year,Month,Quarter>}amount)