Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what application shall I use to open the files?

Hi,

I am a newcomer and need help to get started. I cant open the downloded zip flies such as qlikview introduktionskurs with .qvw as endings. Open with my comp asks. What application sholud I use?

I use mac.

Grateful for any help/Madelene

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hello and welcome to Qlikview. To open qvw files, you'll need to install the Qlikview Client. You can use the Personal edition for free.

The Qlikview Client is only avalable for Windows.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hello and welcome to Qlikview. To open qvw files, you'll need to install the Qlikview Client. You can use the Personal edition for free.

The Qlikview Client is only avalable for Windows.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks, have windows installed, will try that! Regards Madelene

Not applicable
Author

Hi again, the QV client, do I find it under downloads? Under what name? Regards Madelene

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Madelene,
It is here: http://www.qlik.com/download/
Click on "Installation program" in the left column, seelct language, version 32 or 64 bit. See what happens.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your help. I changed computer and solved my problems. Have i got it right that QV is not for macs or is it my inability to use QV?

Madelene

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QV can be used by the end users on mac, through the use of the AJAX client - it produces "pure HTML" output and can be used on a MAc's Safari. QlikView development, however, needs to be done on a Windows machine.