Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matsa
Creator
Creator

what do happen when we save the dashboard with lock field?

Hello, 

I  have a question , what do happen when admin save the dashboard with lock field, in our case the USER couldn't see all the data, they see just the data related to locked element( even when they select another elemnt).

I want to know is it the normal behaviour of qlikview or we heve problem.

I will be so thankful if you help me on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Matin 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In a scenario clean of triggers, regardless the selection made by the developer at the time of saving the file, the user will always be able to use the Current Selection object and unlock the field, or right click on the multibox or listbox.

However, if this is not the intended behavior, it only creates confusion as the users will always have to perform one or two clicks to see the data they are allowed to see.

Since you are using triggers, I don't know how they interact with each other, it could well be that once the field is locked it cannot be changed, unless the developer modifies some properties in the object (a selection locked on a Always One Selected Value and some triggers would cause that).

This, again, looks confusing to me from the user standpoint, and in my opinion the developer should take care that the application is saved in the correct status to be used directly by the users and let the users select, clear or lock according to their analysis.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you mean you keep a field selection locked, it will all come to what permissions the users have in the Settings > Document Properties > Opening and Security

By default, users can see any data available. This can be restricted using section access, so each user only see one or more values in a field that must be specified.

If there is no section access with a reduction, users can still get to create a new object "Current Selections", unlock the field and see data.

There are ways to remove completely the menu in the Ajax client, these ways are as far as I know unsupported and not recommended.

If all the above is under control and the user cannot just unlock the selection, or unlocking and selecting does not "change" anything I would follow, in this order:

• Check in the QVW that the clear state is the full model. Opening the QVW in Desktop, making sure all triggers have been removed or disabled, and go to Selections > Reset Clear State. Then save the QVW and publish it again
  • In the AccessPoint, make the user click on "Remove Last Document State" of the app clicking on the "View details" under the app thumbnail
  • Delete the browser cache of the user
  • Delete the .Shared file for that particular QVW (be aware this will also delete custom objects created by users, if any, like sheets, charts of bookmarks)
Matsa
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens  for the explanation.

Yes we are using section access , but still user have to see other element of locked attribute.

For example the section access is based on attribute A and the user could see element a1 ,a2( from Attribute A) , the data is as follow:

AB
a1b1
a1b2
a1b3
a2b1
a2b3

but when admin save dashboard with B locked on b1 , the user could not see b2,b3 either.

for these points:

• In the AccessPoint, make the user click on "Remove Last Document State" of the app clicking on the "View details" under the app thumbnail
  • Delete the browser cache of the user

since all the user have this problem, still do you think it could be a related to cache of Access Point or browser?
Thank you in advance.

Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What do you mean by "locked" here? Lock the value in the listbox, for example? If that is the case, can users unlock using the Current Selection object? Or right clicking on the field and selecting unlock?

Also, for my understanding: why the developer would want to save certain value locked if users must be able to select any? I mean, is that locking on purpose (if it is, what is the purpose) or rather it's done by mistake?

You can use variables with functions if you want to dynamically select the highest date, or value in a field, for example, so those values are the "default" values when the user opens the app, however not blocking them to make any other selection they may need.

Matsa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens , here are your questions' answer:

'What do you mean by "locked" here?  since we want to show just data related to b1 in specific sheet , the sheet has Tigger  of 'lock field'  B=b1.

actually the user could unlock the field.

In fact we have one sheet which is clear all selected value (with trigger of clear all), we sugested to our admin to save the dashboard on this sheet , but in general I want to know the behviour of qlikview and the reasons which created this problem.

Regards.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In a scenario clean of triggers, regardless the selection made by the developer at the time of saving the file, the user will always be able to use the Current Selection object and unlock the field, or right click on the multibox or listbox.

However, if this is not the intended behavior, it only creates confusion as the users will always have to perform one or two clicks to see the data they are allowed to see.

Since you are using triggers, I don't know how they interact with each other, it could well be that once the field is locked it cannot be changed, unless the developer modifies some properties in the object (a selection locked on a Always One Selected Value and some triggers would cause that).

This, again, looks confusing to me from the user standpoint, and in my opinion the developer should take care that the application is saved in the correct status to be used directly by the users and let the users select, clear or lock according to their analysis.