Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoX
Contributor
Contributor

QMC with customproperty

Hello, my problem is that I created a Role for some users in QMC, those users have access to a segmentate QMC. When they create some new streams or tasks, they manage to see other Custom properties, instead of only the one's belonging to them, in the case below, it just had to appear the customproperty_2:

MarcoX_0-1724166914428.png

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @MarcoX ,

make sure that you linked that custom property to the users and streams then it will display all of the custom properties that associated for that items.

Regards,

Raju

MarcoX
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Raju, thank you for the response but do you mind explaining a little bit more? 

Thank you very much, best regards.

Marco

Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @MarcoX ,

can you please let me know ehich sections of qmc needs to be given access to users ?

like apps/dataconnections/appobjects/tasks/user directory connectors.

Regards,

Raju

MarcoX
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Raju, 

I gave access to: streams, apps, tasks and tags only. That part I figured it out. My main problem is when they create a new stream they can see all the custom properties that I created and those properties have AD groups inside. I don't want them to see all the custom properties, I want to see only the one they are assigned to. In the screenshot above it would be only Customproperty_2.

Thank you for your help,

Marco

Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @MarcoX ,Then create a security rule for controlling custom properties and check if its working fine as expected.

Regards,

Raju

MarcoX
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Raju,

MarcoX_0-1724333272155.png

I created a security rule, basically in resource filter I selected: CustomProperty_(id of the customprop1).
Actions to: create read update and delete to people that NOT make part of the customproperty2 

So with this I pretend that only people that are not in the group IT wich is assigned only to Customproperty2, can see the customproperty1. Is this correct or are you suggesting another way?

MarcoX
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Raju, I found a solution that suits me:

MarcoX_0-1724339928602.png

Just had to select the ID of the resource (custom property).

thanks for the help.