we would like to cluster our QlikView production environment from one server into a clustered one.
We are planning to have two clustered servers with QVS services and another one with the QMC service to manage the load balancing.On top of this we would like to also cater for Disaster Recovery (cold). Therefore we are planning to put the QMS and one QVS server on site 1, and the other QVS server on site 2, so that in case of site 1 unavailability we can restore QMS on site 2 and the dashboards would still be available.
In order to do this we are planning the following actions:
1. Set up 3 servers on which we will install
- server 1 [site 1]: QMS, QDS
- server 2 [site 1]: QVS, DSC, QVWS
- server 3 [site 2]: QVS, DSC, QVWS
2. All dashboards and QlikTech ProgramData files will reside on a shared storage (SAN). We will configure the latter by changing the path of the QVManagementService.exe.config file on server 1
3. Configure QMS and add server 2 and 3 as part of the cluster
4. Set up server 4 [site 2] and install : QMS, QDS, - services switched off for DR as suggested at (Clustering Issues). Will also modify QVManagementService.exe.config to point to SAN.
1. Are the actions listed above correct or are we missing something?
2. Since servers 1 and 4 will be hosting only the QMS and QDS, what are the typical resources (RAM, HDD, CPU) that they should contain?
3. Is there any automated process that switches on the QMS and QDS services on server 4 (DR) should server 1 (production) fail?