Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Saving Metadata(Load script-Table,coloumns) and Loading It in Qlikview load script while reloading

Hi ,

I have a client where i have deployed an application and i want to improvise on Qlikview Load Architecture .

My requirement is simple and straightforward .  Suppose i have a  SQL table with 20 columns as of now and i have loaded the table into QVW file  till now everything is fine now the client decides to add few more columns now the thing is every time he has to depend on our services to add new columns into Load scripts .  Is it possible to write the names of tables , columns , derives columns into a file lets say an Excel file  and then load the excel file which in turn loads the mention tables and columns which is given in the excel . Its like Putting the Metadata into excel and pulling the excel the load the real data dynamically .

The advantage this approach will give us is that the client can dynamically add /remove tables column from the Excel meta data file without having to depend on our services and work independently to add delete column.

Thanks ,

Tushar

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tushar,

I recognised your question because had the same earlier. It would be nice to have a dictionary with meta data to have oversight and it would be smart if we can configure our loads from it, as you mentioned.
With help of forum members i managed to get it working. See attached example of the data dictionary in excel and a script example in a qvw. The solution is bases on mapping loads and rename fields. The automation of the SELECT statement is based on a variable (Relevant), loaded from the DD sheet. You have to be aware to just load the plain data in this first step, no adjustments or transformation. That's wat i did in the second step, so you have also to consider a good matching architecture here.

In the Data Dictionary you can also store and manage your variables.
Have a look at the article of Barry Harmsen on storing variables outside of QlikView on QlikFix.com

It would be nice if QDF and above could be integrated, but i am not so far yet.

Rob.

Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks a lot will surely check the share example !