Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error while loading Shape file using Geo analytics

Hi,

I am trying to load the shape file. I am following this article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Loading-Esri-shapefiles-in-Qlik-GeoAnalyti...

When i am trying to use dropbox or sharepoint to load file i am getting error "Can't fine valid certificate path to requested target" What should i change to make it work ?

If i try to connect any sample shape file https://docs.mapbox.com/help/data/stations.zip i am getting error "Connection refused"

When i am trying to use the local stored shape file i am getting error "Java.net.malformed URL Exception: No Protocol"

Sajal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Local file access is tricky, much dependent on service user access rights.

QGA Plus points local files that are on the Qlik Sense Server.
QGA Server points local files that are on the QGA Server.

Thanks,
Patric

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The url must be with direct access to the file. Test by opening the url in a browser, the download should start immediately. Tip, use "dl" instead "www" to get direct access of Dropbox files.

The mapbox file example, looks like the mapbox server is blocking the access.

For local zip files in a local file system, QGA Plus or QGA Server is required and use the url syntax file:///C:/Users/bps/Desktop/test.zip. Tip, drag and drop a folder to the browser to get the url.

Thanks,
Patric
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The url is directly accessible as i have pasted the same url in browser and download was started.

In case of locally saved file. I am using exact path you mentioned file:///C:/Users/gours01/Documents/stations.zip

We have installed Geo analytics server on a different VM machine, Is it because i am putting in my local machine where Qliksense in installed ?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Local file access is tricky, much dependent on service user access rights.

QGA Plus points local files that are on the Qlik Sense Server.
QGA Server points local files that are on the QGA Server.

Thanks,
Patric