Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zimm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create table with fields as first row and first column.

Hi all,

I would like to make this table with both the first column and top row functioning as FIELDS so I can create functions with them. I am using Qlik Sense

A B C D E F G
S 2 2 0 0 1 3 1
T 2 3 1 3 0 3 3
U 2 2 5 1 0 3 5
V 5 5 2 3 0 3 1
W 2 2 0 5 0 2 2
X 3 3 0 1 0 5 1
Y 2 2 3 3 0 3 3
Z 1 1 0 3 5 2 0

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zimm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Was able to figure it out making the and statement and checking to make sure that columns value equaled the row I wanted.

Will say blank columns actual name was f1 and the label was what I changed to make it blank.

This was my solution.

=if("A" = '1' and "F1" = 'Z', 'This is 1')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KGalloway
Creator II
Creator II

You can use the following script to load a table directly from the load script:

load * inline [

field1, A, B

S, 2, 2

T, 2, 3

]

;

You can expand this to include all the data you want.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

My thought was the same as @KGalloway , but then I fastend at "both the first column and top row functioning as FIELDS". 

Does KGalloways suggestion fit your needs? If not then please explain what you are trying to do.

Zimm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it.

What I would like to do is be able to create a custom tooltip for individual cell values. I am using Vizlib table currently which allows me to create tooltips based on a function. For examples I would like to make column B row U where that value is 2 have a tooltip = "something".

Where I am struggling is creating a function that will recognize row U as a field to make an if statement off of. Something like =if ("B" = '2' and "U" = '2', 'This is 2'). If I do the if statement just on the column than all values of 2 will have the same tooltip which I do not want.

Right now the first column I have is with a blank column name to make it display like I want, but then the actual row names aren't recognized as fields to create an if statement with.

Zimm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Was able to figure it out making the and statement and checking to make sure that columns value equaled the row I wanted.

Will say blank columns actual name was f1 and the label was what I changed to make it blank.

This was my solution.

=if("A" = '1' and "F1" = 'Z', 'This is 1')