Qlik Community

Qlik Deployment Framework

This group hosts information related to the Qlik Deployment Framework (QDF). Providing best practices, libraries and utilities that facilitate the recommended setup and management of QlikView or Qlik Sense environments. An understanding of the Qlik platform is recommended before joining this group. Download QDF and documentation here: https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework/releases

Highlighted
uroboros
Contributor

How can I run a macro on QMC after reload?

This is my question, I need run one macro on server QMC after reload; somebody can help me please, with one example is enough
many thanks.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How can I run a macro on QMC after reload?

Hi Miguel, the publisher can not execute macros, the reload engine does not have that capability. you need to run qv.exe (QlikView developer) silently in a batch script.

Regards

Magnus

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

In addition to mbg you could trigger such batch per EXECUTE statement within a qvw which will be triggered from a QMC task, see here an example: Re: QVW to create bat file which contain the copy command for all the QVD's used in the QVW. Help on...

- Marcus

Highlighted
uroboros
Contributor

Maybe I have to, but I would like to exhaust all options , look for depth. What do you think about that QV developer is on the server, it would not be a bad practice ?
Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
uroboros
Contributor

Thanks. It will be the answer.
And I can't use the engine of QMC, to execute the reload of a file .QVW and this form run the macro?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

If you have a "real" publisher license, there is a "run as a batch" task available that can run the qv.exe in between the ordinary reloads. Hope that this helps.

regards