Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Developer course material

Hi

I've been trying to go over the training from the Developer training but when I try to load the .mdb Access file (Orders) it comes up with an error

ODBC connection failed

SQL SELECT *

FROM Orders

Does anyone know whether there is a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Iain

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did your connection string work so far?

If so, can you also post the piece of code right before this load statement (even if it is on the previous tab)?

My experience is that to find the problem that causes the error, you usually need to look to the statement right before it. A common mistake is a missing comma or semicolon.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did your connection string work so far?

If so, can you also post the piece of code right before this load statement (even if it is on the previous tab)?

My experience is that to find the problem that causes the error, you usually need to look to the statement right before it. A common mistake is a missing comma or semicolon.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

Thanks for your reply. I gave it another go and it seems to be working now, not sure what was wrong before.

Iain

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Happy you found your answer on your own .

Sorry your question got stuck in Moderation so long; we have less Community Team members active during the holiday period around Christmas.