Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exercise for my IT class with qlikview

Hi!!!! I am desperate, I have to do an exercise to all my class with qlikview as I have to present about Dashboards, and first, I haven't found a good database not that big and more or less simple to try to use qlikview. Pleeeeeeease if someone has an exercise and a database that can share with me please, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advanced!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Why not just create something using excel files. Each file can be a table on its own. Make sure one column is a ID column and to link them to each other you have to have one tables ID column placed in the other. I had 5 excel files for my own class project. Just be creative you don't really need a database.

Programmers file

Programmer ID

Defect ID

First Name

Last Name

Defects file

Defect ID

Programmer ID

Description

Priority

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why not just create something using excel files. Each file can be a table on its own. Make sure one column is a ID column and to link them to each other you have to have one tables ID column placed in the other. I had 5 excel files for my own class project. Just be creative you don't really need a database.

Programmers file

Programmer ID

Defect ID

First Name

Last Name

Defects file

Defect ID

Programmer ID

Description

Priority

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alan, Thank you for your help, I also thought about it but the exercise shouldn't be so easy nor so difficult. Anyway I will still trying.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Why don't you use a binaryload from an existing .qvw file (plenty on the demo site or in the default examples folder c:\program files\examples\documents)?

If you're not sure how to do this then go to edit script in your document and click on the QlikView file button, browse for a .qvw file and then simply reload. This will load the complete data model but no layout from that .qvw file.

Capture.PNG.png

Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jackeline,

Did you know we have a program called "Qlik Academic Program" in which we will provide you with a free license and resources to use to add QlikView to your curriculum?

If you are interested in learning more, please visit Qlik Academic Program

Please email academicprogram@qlik.com if you have any questions.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Nils!, I also tried that, but everything is fine, I approached the exercise with my class in another direction more analysis!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sarah! I will read all the information about the academic program!